Protecting Your Rights In Felony And Misdemeanor Criminal Matters
When you or a loved one are facing criminal charges, it is essential that you not only act with urgency but also act wisely. This means enlisting an experienced criminal defense lawyer who knows all aspects of the criminal justice system and can take immediate action to protect you and your future.
At Filer & Schwab, our attorneys and staff understand the challenges that criminal law cases can bring. Using nearly 50 years of experience, we are able to provide our eastern Pennsylvania clients with the information and guidance they need in serious felony and misdemeanor matters.
Types Of Criminal Cases We Confidently Handle
From minor infractions to major state crimes, our firm has the breadth of knowledge and depth of experience to confidently handle all types of cases, including:
- DUI (driving under the influence): Drunk driving cases are taken very seriously by the courts in Pennsylvania. Even first-time offenders are facing serious consequences.
- Drug charges: We handle all types of drug offenses, including drug possession, intent to sell or distribute, sale or distribution, manufacture or cultivation and trafficking.
- Theft and property crimes: The consequences for a theft or property crime such as shoplifting, robbery, burglary, larceny and others depend on what was taken and the value of the item.
- Violent crimes: Whether you are facing murder (homicide), manslaughter, assault, gun or firearms offenses or other violent criminal charges, you need an attorney immediately.
- Other criminal matters: In addition, we also handle sex crimes, domestic violence, traffic violations, post-conviction matters (such as expungement or probation/parole violations) and more.
The Impact Of A Conviction
It is important to know how a conviction on the charge you are facing is going to affect your life and the lives of your loved ones. Consequences for a criminal conviction can range from probation and monetary fines to large fines, restitution and jail time, the loss of a driver’s license to life in prison.
Since our firm has been active in the legal and local communities since 1976, the area courts and prosecutors know our lawyers well. This gives our firm good insight into how these prosecutors and courts handle cases and provide us additional leverage to negotiate well on your behalf.
Do Not Hesitate To Contact Us Today
Your future is at stake. Get in touch with our firm now to schedule a free initial consultation. Call our Lehighton office at 610-377-5200 or complete our online form and send it to us now.